Who is the course for?
This course is for people who are required to hold a Long Range Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Office of Maritime Communications (OMC) in order to operate marine VHF and MF-HF radios.
What will I learn?
This course covers:
- features and operation of marine communications equipment including VHF and MF-HF radios, EPIRBs, DSC and SARTs
- procedures for making routine, distress, urgency and safety calls
- simple maintenance practices and understanding of regulations
How will I be trained and assessed?
Training is very practical and is conducted in a training venue. Assessment is conducted during these training sessions. Assessment activities will include:
- written assessments of underpinning knowledge;
- verbal assessments of understanding of actions to be taken during routine and emergency circumstances; and
- practical simulated activities.
- Participants are also required to complete a written examination provided by the OMC
How long is the course?
This is a 2 day course (9am – 5pm).
Who can do the course?
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
What sort of credential(s) do I get if I complete the course?
If you successfully complete all of the assessments, you will receive a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for MARC020 Transmit and receive information by marine radio and a Long Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Office of Maritime Communications (OMC)
What do I need to bring to the training sessions?
All of the equipment, training and assessment materials that participants need will be provided by STT. Participants must bring their own writing materials.
For eligible Tasmanian residents, this training is subsidised by the Department of State, Growth, Tasmania.
Please select your course date.
|Mon 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|
|Thu 22nd Mar 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|
|Thu 7th Jun 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|
|Mon 30th Jul 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|
|Mon 3rd Sep 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|
|Tue 30th Oct 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $306.00||Apply|