Who is the course for?
This course is for people requiring a first aid qualification equivalent to Workplace Level 2 First Aid or Senior First Aid.
What will I learn?
This course covers:
- Initial lifesaving first aid including:
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Control of bleeding and shock
First Aid for common injuries and disorders, including:
- wounds; poisons, bites & stings;
- fractures & soft tissue injuries;
- infection control & personal hygiene;
- extremes of temperature illness; and
- Workplace First Aid records, all in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
How will I be trained and assessed?
Training is very practical and is conducted in a training venue. Assessment is conducted during these training sessions. Assessment activities will include:
- a written assessment* of underpinning knowledge
- verbal assessments of understanding of actions to be taken during an emergency and exceptional circumstances; and
- completing simulated practical activities
How long is the course?
This is a 2 day course (9am – 5pm). Participants are also required to complete a pre-course knowledge assessment in their own time which is to be returned to the trainer at the commencement of the course (2-3 hours).
Who can do the course?
There are no prerequisites for this course.
For those people who have a current First Aid Certificate and wish to maintain currency, this can be achieved by attending and completing the 1 day part of this course and the completion of the pre-course knowledge assessment.
What sort of credential(s) do I get if I complete the course?
If you successfully complete all of the assessments, you will receive a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
What do I need to bring to the training sessions?
All of the equipment, training and assessment materials that participants need will be provided by STT. Participants must bring their own writing materials.
Please select your course date.
|Thu 24th May 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Mon 25th Jun 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Tue 17th Jul 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Thu 30th Aug 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Mon 24th Sep 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Mon 5th Nov 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|
|Mon 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $184.00||Apply|