Who is the course for?
This course is for people requiring a first aid qualification equivalent to Workplace Level 2 First Aid or Senior First Aid.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
How will I be trained and assessed?
Training and assessment is very practical and is conducted in a classroom environment, activities will include:
- a written assessment* of underpinning knowledge
- verbal assessments of understanding of actions to be taken during an emergency and exceptional circumstances; and
- completing simulated practical activities and scenarios
How is training delivered?
This course covers:
Initial lifesaving first aid including:
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Control of bleeding and shock
First Aid for common injuries and disorders, including:
- wounds; poisons, bites & stings
- fractures & soft tissue injuries
- infection control & personal hygiene
- extremes of temperature illness
- workplace First Aid records, all in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
How long is the course?
This is a 2 day course (9am – 5pm). For those people who have a current First Aid Certificate completed within the last 3 years and wish to maintain currency, this can be achieved by attending and completing day 1 of this course. All equipment, training and assessment materials that participants need will be provided. Please bring your own writing materials.
What sort of credential(s) do I get if I complete the course?
If you successfully complete all of the written and practical assessments, you will receive a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid