Who is the course for?
This course is for people who are required to hold a Long Range Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP) issued by the Office of Maritime Communications (OMC) in order to operate marine VHF and MF-HF radios.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although it is recommended that pre course study is completed using the supplied materials
How will I be trained and assessed?
SMT’s training and assessment is very practical and is conducted in a classroom environment, activities will include:
- written assessments of underpinning knowledge
- verbal assessments of understanding of actions to be taken during routine and emergency circumstances
- practical simulated activities using required equipment
- participants are also required to complete a written examination provided by the OMC with a minimum pass mark of 70%
What will I learn?
This course covers topics including:
- features and operation of marine communications equipment including VHF and MF-HF radios, EPIRBs, DSC and SARTs
- procedures for making routine, distress, urgency and safety calls
- simple maintenance practices and understanding of regulations
How long is the course?
This is a 2 day course (9am – 5pm). All of the equipment, training and assessment materials that participants need will be provided by SMT. Participants must bring their own writing materials.
What sort of credential(s) do I get if I successfully complete the course?
If you successfully complete all of the written, verbal and practical assessments, including the OMC exam, you will receive a Long Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Office of Maritime Communications (OMC) and a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- MARC020 Transmit and receive information by marine radio
For eligible Tasmanian residents, this training is subsidised by the Department of State Growth, Tasmania.
Please select your course date.
|Thu 21st Mar 2019 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $321.00||Apply|
|Thu 6th Jun 2019 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $321.00||Apply|
|Mon 29th Jul 2019 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $321.00||Apply|
|Mon 2nd Sep 2019 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $321.00||Apply|
|Thu 7th Nov 2019 at 9:00AM||Battery Point||Price $321.00||Apply|